Residence Assistant (m/f)
The Official Residence Staff is looking for a full-time (m/f) Residence Assistant for one of its official residences in Uccle.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
This position is responsible for the smooth management and functioning of the official Residence to include oversight of housekeeping, maintenance, and official events.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Accountability and replenishment of stock of household materials and supplies for cleaning and maintenance of the Residence;
- In consultation with the principal and/or his/her spouse, maintains awareness of and reports on possible repair needs in the Residence, submits appropriate facility repair requests, escorts contractors, and ensures completion of tasks;
- Cleans official, private, and guest rooms to include, but not limited to, dusting, laundry, and decor;
- Manages service (shift) schedule for all official residence employees on a weekly basis including monitoring and scheduling annual leave, comp time, and overtime. As needed, arranges for and manages additional staff (waiters, kitchen help) to help with events or during absences;
- For official representational events, coordinates closely with the principal and/or his/her spouse on table setting and seating, menus, flower arrangements, and selection of wine;
- Participates in all aspects of preparation of private and official meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, receptions) to include serving, stocking and preparation of beverages at the beginning and end of meals, clearing tables, and other duties as needed.
- Maintains inventory of wine for official events;
- Coordinates closely with the chef to identify shopping needs and provides support during representational events, etc.;
- Answers the door and greets guests, answers the telephone and relays messages as required;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Required for Effective Performance
- Education: Secondary school and vocational training in the hospitality sector.
- Work Experience: Minimum five years’ experience as a residence assistant, or similar position (in a private residence or a well-recognized hotel).
- Language skills: Good working knowledge (level III) of English. Knowledge of French and/or Dutch desirable.
- Abilities and Skills: Must have strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize. Must maintain calm under pressure. Must be knowledgeable in the smooth running of a residence, and as such must be versed in all areas of servicing and housekeeping. Must be tactful and discreet and must have good interpersonal skills. Must be comfortable with family pets.
- Supervision Received: From the ORE principal and his/her spouse.
- Exercise of Judgment: Must be able to manage the residence and staff on his/her own.
- Supervision Exercised: Service staff – maid and extra waiters when needed.
IMPORTANT: ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
Applications need to be submitted via the email address BrusselsRecruitment@state.gov mentioning the vacancy number 2021-ORE-Residence Assistant. This position is open until filled. Applicants who are not invited for an interview and/or test may assume that their application has not been retained for this particular position.
Note: The selected candidate will be a personal employee of the Principal, not an employee of the U.S. Government.
|Aantal keer bekeken:||1334|