Het Ghent Marriott hotel is gesitueerd in het historisch centrum van Gent, één van de mooiste en levedigste steden van België. Het hotel biedt 139 kamers en 11 suites, 8 vergaderzalen, een bar en een restaurant. Wij behoren tot de top 10 ranking voor guest satisfaction van de Marriott hotels Europa.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION :
The reservations manager is responsible for the individual and groups reservations of the Marriott Ghent hotel: management of room inventories, room blocks and individual reservations.
Our guests expect you to have a smart, neat appearance which reflects the highest standards of Marriott. Attitude should be one of confidence and professionalism whilst recognising that customer satisfaction is of paramount importance. Environmental awareness and sustainability are of importance to the entire operation. This individual will recognise that team effort and excellent communications skills are the keys to success.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Maximize the occupancy and room revenue of the hotel;
- Answering telephone calls and detecting clients needs;
- Making appropriate offers following to the requests;
- Making correct bookings for individual clients as well as groups into the Marsha reservations system and the Opera system;
- Follow up of options, deposits and commission payments;
- Setting up and monitoring billing arrangements;
- Updating, auditing and reviewing reports that indicate the levels of inventory;
- Monitor pricing of all different segments (transient, business groups, leisure, e-channels, …) in collaboration with the Revenue Manager;
- Check and compare at all times the competition by organizing spot checks, pseudo reservations and shop calls;
- Welcoming clients in the hotel and doing site inspections;
- Ensure the communication between the Reservations Department and the Front Office in order to assure the best service and to anticipate and exceed the clients expectations;
- Assists director of Revenue Management to maximize room revenue and yield penetration. Replaces director of Revenue Management when he/she is absent, on holiday, etc.
- Assist in other sales related tasks, projects, actions, promote the hotel facilities outside the hotel during sales calls, fairs, sales blitz, cold calls and other commercial actions and projects.
- Administration: all kinds of general administration.
- Prepare arrivals by checking credit card guarantees and timings of group arrivals & departures.
- Participate in Manager On Duty coverage as required.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Create an atmosphere of high morale and a happy working relationship among the staff.
- “Lead by example” always assures a guest minded solution to the customer.
KEY COMPETENCES :
- Strong commercial skills
- Persuasiveness and conviction (convince a client to close the deal)
- Highly organised and punctual
- Strong communication skills (communication with clients, management and all hotel departments are extremely important)
- Excellent presentation
- Good administrator
- Stress tolerance
- Professional and service minded attitude
- Must be team player and relate well to all sales personnel as well as hotel departments
- Fluency in Dutch, English and French
- Flexibility related to job & working hours
Remark: The hotel business works 7 days a week, 24 hours a day and 365 days a year. Our associates should understand this and be flexible at all times for changes in the timetables. When other departments need assistance, our associates should be flexible and help out in the operating departments.
Stuur CV en motivatiebrief tav. Bert Vandenabeele naar:
Of gebruik de buttons onderaan deze pagina.
|Aantal gelinkte kandidaten:||0|
|Aantal keer bekeken:||212|