Meeting & Events planner
The Ghent Marriott hotel is Marriott International’s portfolio of brands includes 29+ brands in more than 6.500+ locations. All Hotels and associates are advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel bril-liantly. Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe for all our properties to be the World’s Favorite travel company and for us a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Interstate Hotels & Resorts are now looking for an Meeting and Events planner to join the team at Marriott Ghent.
As Events Planner, you will be responsible for promoting and executing all Events business within the hotel in line with Interstate core values:
Event Executives are expected to be organised, planned and have a strategic approach to driving revenues.
The Special Events can include – Business Meetings, Weddings, Christmas Parties, Charity Events, Corporate Dinners, Sales Dinners, Family Events, Awards Dinners, Proms, Graduations, Life Celebrations, and Sports Dinners.
- Always ‘do the right thing’ for our guests
- Creating we social event proposals which meet the client requirements
- Convert inbound enquiries into sales and carry out speculative sales calls to new and lapsed clients in order to maximise revenue
- Maintain a working relationship with local contacts and events suppliers, to upsell all aspects of wedding and social events
- Anticipating and planning for different scenarios
- Planning all event aspects, from the beginning to the very end
- Ensuring all sales databases are kept accurate and up to date.
- Performing general office duties and administrative tasks.
- Preparing weekly/ monthly reports as required to aid hotel forecasting
- Ensure marketing and wedding platforms are all up to date and in line with the business needs
- Social media presence for promoting all hotel events and also have research target from social media to follow trends and create new revenue opportunities
- Ability to work alone and be a self-starter
- Conduct weekly functions meeting to run through Event details
Whilst the role is 5 days per week, working weekends and evenings will be a requirement of this role
To be successful in his role you will have previous experience working in a sales team, preferably in the hospitality industry. An excellent telephone manner and strong IT skills are paramount to your success within this role. You will be committed to delivering an exceptional customer experience and be able to respond and thrive within a fast-paced environment. Working knowledge of opera and sales and catering desirable for role. Understanding of hotel operations would be an advantage. As part of this role, there may be an element of travel throughout the UK involved.
Interested? Click APPLY to submit your application. Your dream job awaits...
At Interstate, we recognise that people are the heart of our business. As a Global leader, we are committed to representing our Global community and enabling everyone to Be Their Best Selves.
Adres van de werkplek:
Belgium, 9000 Gent
|Aantal keer bekeken:||955|