Duty Manager / Cost controller
Park Inn is part of the Radisson hotel Group. Within Belgium they run 14 hotels.
This hotel is the newest addition to the group in Belgium. This hotel will open its doors in the summer of 2019 on the completely renovated site of Post X, located at the station of Berchem. Due to the incredible accessibility of the hotel, as well as the activity of the neighbourhood where it is located, this will become a major hotspot in no time.
The opening of this hotel of course requires an incredibly strong and motivated team! Would you like to be part of the team that will put this hotel on the map? Do you want to work in a brand new environment and experience the growth that this hotel will undoubtedly experience? Then don't hesitate and take a look at the open positions!
See you soon?
- Assisting guests and attending to their needs, requests and problems in a friendly, effective and professional manner.
- Assuming responsibility for the hotel’s operations during HOD’s absence.
- Maintaining up-to-date operational knowledge and know-how and being able to manage the hotel’s various departments to efficiently answer and react to guest-related and operational situations and requests.
- Responding to Information Technology issues and problems to ensure operations are not influenced by them.
- Performing an active role in the Human Resources Management function in order to enhance departmental productivity and reduce service failures.
- Facilitating communication and collaboration within the hotel and, when required, with the competition.
- In collaboration with the Security Manager, performing an active role in the elaboration and enforcement of the hotel’s safety and security procedures.
- Analyzing, controlling and reconciling Food and Beverage/ Hotel Costs.
- Monitoring hotel operations and ensuring they are correctly performed and adjusted to meet forecasted costs.
- Providing efficient, prompt, courteous, trouble-free and proactive service to customers and colleagues, hence maximizing guest satisfaction.
- Ensuring departmental guidelines, the departmental business plan and the Park Inn by Radisson corporate guidelines and service concepts are followed within the hotel.
- Ensuring all activities are performed in ways that are consistent with the Responsible Business principles of operation.
Assisting guests and attending to their needs, requests and problems in a friendly, effective and professional manner
- Offering help, guidance and information to guests in several foreign languages, assisting them and attending to their needs and requests.
- Negotiating settlements and alternative solutions with dissatisfied guests.
- Handling calls in a friendly and professional manner and in line with the procedures in place.
- Being aware of VIP arrivals and ensuring appropriate rooms are blocked and prepared for them in a timely, precise way.
- If required, personally welcoming VIP guests to the hotel and accompanying them to their rooms.
- Collecting guest feedback through channels including courtesy calls and conversations, responding to immediate needs and actively looking for further ways to improve service standards and increase satisfaction.
- On departure, evaluating guest satisfaction and taking appropriate measures to ensure service recovery if required.
- Ensuring all guest interactions are carried out in a professional, effective and complete manner and encouraging these behaviours with the hotel’s entire staff.
- Organising and performing Tours of the House when required.
Assuming responsibility for the hotel’s operations during HOD’s absence
- Monitoring the effectiveness of hotel operations, ensuring public areas remain tidy and clean and taking proactive measures to solve any issues observed.
- Assuming responsibility for the level and quality of service offered within the hotel.
- Proactively reacting to any maintenance and cleanliness issues observed in the hotel.
- Taking responsibility for the Standard Operations Procedures relating to safety, security, HACCP and work methods.
- Providing other departments with stores supplies and equipment while respecting storeroom and equipment supply Standard Operating Procedures.
- Keeping up to date with the current status of the hotel by knowing information including but not limited to occupancy rate, special offers and events.
Maintaining up-to-date operational knowledge and know-how and being able to manage the hotel’s various departments to efficiently answer and react to guest-related and operational situations and requests.
- Knowing, updating and being able to apply all Front Office procedures in a way that is in line with the department’s and the hotel’s procedures.
- Knowing, updating and being able to apply all Food and Beverage, Meeting and Events procedures in a way that is in line with the department’s and the hotel’s procedures.
- Remaining up-to-date with all developments within the hotel through information channels including but not limited to briefings from the General Manager, the Operations Manager and the department heads.
- Maintaining and developing good working relationships with the hotel’s departments.
- Actively supervising the productivity of all departments and assisting them when required.
Responding to Information Technology issues and problems to ensure operations are not influenced by them
- In the absence of the Systems Manager, solving computer errors and malfunctions or proactively taking actions including but not limited to contacting the Systems Manager or outside companies that may be able to solve the issue.
- In the absence of the Maintenance Duty Clerk, solving telephone issues and malfunctions or proactively taking actions including but not limited to contacting the Maintenance Duty Clerk, the Chief Engineer or outside companies that may be able to solve the issue.
- Ensuring the Property Management System is working properly and proactively taking measures to have any malfunctions repaired and attended to.
Performing an active role in the Human Resources Management function in order to enhance departmental productivity and reduce service failures
- Monitoring daily staffing within departments and proactively taking measures to ensure absences and other issues are resolved or reduced so that they do not influence on departmental productivity.
- Proactively taking measures to prevent, reduce and solve problems including but not limited to conflicts, sick-leave, accidents and health problems within the hotel and reporting to the Human Resources Manager.
- Providing hotel employees with advice and support regarding work related issues in order to reduce the problems they may face and improve productivity.
- Identifying training needs within the department and communicating them to the Department Head and the Human Resources Manager.
- Identifying inter-departmental communication problems and proactively taking measures to solve them.
- With the assistance of the Human Resources Manager, performing a number of Human Resources Management tasks including, but not limited to identifying and communicating training needs, coaching and counselling, solving interpersonal conflicts and applying disciplinary procedures.
- Identifying employees with potential for promotion and/or transfer and makes communicates this potential to the Human Resources Manager.
- Monitoring the personnel meal quality and ensuring they are properly served, stored and presented and that food served to employees is always handled in accordance to HACCP standards.
- Training and assisting new Duty Managers with their tasks and Learning Curve.
- Keeping informed on union agreements.
Facilitating communication and collaboration within the hotel and, when required, with the competition
- Reporting events and observations that occurred during the shift via the Duty Report and the Database.
- Reporting to the Duty Engineering Clerk by telephone for emergency maintenance needs and through a Work Order for non-urgent requests.
- Maintaining good working relationships and collaborating with other hotels in the occurrence of events and/or situations that require communication and collaboration.
In collaboration with the Security Manager, performing an active role in the elaboration and enforcement of the hotel’s safety and security procedures
- In collaboration with the hotel’s Security Manager, leading and guiding the development and realisation of the safety policy and procedures for the department
- Acting as an example and enforcing the hotel’s safety and security methods.
- Proactively taking action to correct or reduce dangerous situations and hazards and reporting to the security manager.
- Enrolling in the hotel’s fire response team, following all trainings and leading the response to emergency situations in accordance with the team’s procedures and in collaboration with the hotel’s Security Manager.
- Enrolling in the hotel’s first aid response team, following all trainings and responding to emergency situations in accordance with the team’s procedures.
- Reporting on work accidents by following the appropriate procedure.
- Taking responsibility and acting as a relay during visits by doctors and/or medical institutions that have been requested by a hotel employee or a guest.
Analyzing, controlling and reconciling Food and Beverage/ Hotel Costs
- Examining all Food and Beverage and Hotel invoices, verifying quantities ordered and received against the food order sheets and purchase orders.
- Comparing quoted prices to invoiced prices.
- Compiling and encoding invoices on a daily basis.
- Ensuring that all items requisitioned are properly accounted for and that the established process is followed.
- Maintaining cost percentages on a daily basis for Food and Beverage and compiling a daily report.
- Performing closing duties relevant to the accounting.
- Monitoring and updating a perpetual inventory for the Liquor storeroom.
- Balancing all Food and Beverage + Hotel cost deviations between requisitioned costs and physical inventory costs on a monthly basis.
- Pricing all monthly Food and Beverage inventories.
- Debiting miscellaneous food cost deductions from the proper accounts.
- Crediting variations to the proper accounts.
- Preparing preliminary cost reports to summarize purchases.
- Appropriately programming the Micros devices and training the users to ensure they are used in an optimal manner
- Ensuring all goods are properly stored in the store-rooms and forwarded to the concerned department in an efficient, timely manner.
- Ensuring the store-rooms are kept in optimal hygiene control and taking corrective action if required.
- Assuming responsibility for the cost-control project assigned by the Financial Controller.
- Ensuring all departmental cost-control procedures are well followed in the hotel.
Monitoring hotel operations and ensuring they are correctly performed and adjusted to meet forecasted costs
- Reviewing daily production and adapting it to cover established forecasts.
- Ensuring that all items are prepared and stored as required.
- Working closely with the Chef and Restaurant Manager to develop menu pricing of Food and Beverage Products.
- Recording all receiving records in the computer system and maintaining a proper filing system of all relevant documents.
- Ensuring original documents of all non-F&B items are sent to Accounts Payable and that all necessary copies of documents are kept.
- Ensuring that all outgoing goods are properly documented and following up on un-received credit-notes.
- Ensuring access to the storerooms is properly controlled and ensuring all merchandise leaving the storerooms are supported by a properly authorized requisition form.
- Monitoring and updating storeroom and kitchen inventories and strictly adhering to related procedures.
Providing efficient, prompt, courteous, trouble-free and proactive service to customers and colleagues, hence maximizing guest satisfaction
- Handling guest and colleagues requests in a quick, efficient and professional manner.
- Handling written and oral guest problems and complaints, including but not limited to information transmitted by the Customer Service Center and CST, telephone conversations and letters.
- Increasing customer satisfaction by efficiently communicating specific customer requests to the appropriate department.
- Proactively taking measures to minimize guest complains, hence limiting expenditure linked to the “100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee”.
- Keeping informed about hotel facilities and nearby sights of interest and importance including but not limited to hospitals, transportation means and tourist sights.
Ensuring departmental guidelines, the departmental business plan and the Park Inn by Radisson corporate guidelines and service concepts are followed within the hotel.
- Helping employees keep the highest standards in terms of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, appearance, body language and conduct.
- Following all applicable laws and regulations in regards to health, safety and guest and employee security.
- Maintaining working areas, materials and company clean, tidy and in good shape.
- Keeping the highest level of confidentiality on staff, business and guest information.
- Keeping the highest level of confidentiality on sensitive information seen or heard.
- Ensuring all necessary steps are taken to minimize departmental disorganization caused by scheduled or unscheduled absence and leave.
- Ensuring tools and equipment made available by the hotel are used in accordance with their user manual and they are in perfect working order at all times.
- Ensuring all staff within the department is applying hotel regulations and adhering to existing laws and regulations in order to ensure the safety of the people and property within the premises.
- Knowing and being able to act in accordance with the Park Inn By Radisson Service concepts within the department, including but not limited to “Yes I Can!”, “Making it Right” and “100% Guest Satisfaction”.
- Handling and recording “Lost and Found” items according to the procedure put in place by the hotel’s housekeeping department.
- Keeping informed on hotel standards of operation and departmental procedures
- Ensuring licensing is maintained up to date within the hotel.
- Taking responsibility for keys and electronic access cards.
- Attending meetings as required by the Department, the General Manager or the Human Resources Department.
- Establishing and updating archives, records, communication systems and following-up procedures, in accordance with the GM’s requests and corporate guidelines.
- Attending training sessions as required by Departmental obligations, the General Manager or the Human Resources Manager.
- Knowing, understanding and being able to apply the hotel’s fire, emergency and bomb-threat procedures.
- Informing the General Manager or Security Manager of any abnormal situations observed or reported by staff members or guests.
- Expressing opinions and making recommendations when observing an opportunity to improve service standards, reduce costs or increase revenues.
Ensuring all activities are performed in ways that are consistent with the Responsible Business principles of operation.
- Establishing and enforcing recycling systems and waste separation procedures for staff within the hotel.
- Minimising waste production within the hotel.
- Encouraging optimal use of printed service documents (e.g. paper re-use).
- Developing awareness and interest for environmental and/or social issues affecting the hotel and the department and actively encouraging behaviours that are consistent with the Responsible Business principles of operation including but not limited to participation in Responsible Business activities on a hotel and departmental scale.
Skills - In addition to technical competencies, following skills are important:
- Managerial and leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Knowledge of security procedures
- Motivational skills
- Proficient in English, French and Dutch
- Good other language skills
- Proficient with Information Technology in general and the PMS and POS systems in particular.
- Technical and practical skills in financial accounting
- Analytical and innovative thinking
- Skills in forecasting, budgeting and analysis of variances
- Knowledge of Radisson Service Concepts
- Knowledge of Park Inn by Radisson Service and Product offerings
Attitude - In addition to basic grooming rules, the following traits of attitude are important:
- Independent and solution oriented
- Friendly and customer oriented
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Attention to detail
- Team-Working skills
- Communicating skills
- Good organization
- Progressiveness and proactivity
During pre-opening, schedules according to the team's creation and after regulation according to customer request
- Depending on the candidate's experience
Park Inn by Radisson
att: Jordi Van Der Vaart
Or use the buttons at the bottom of this page
|Aantal keer bekeken:||123|