The Official Residence Staff is looking for a temporary* (m/f)
for one of its official residences in Etterbeek
* Please note that this is a temporary contract to replace an employee on maternity leave, for a maximum period of 6 months.
The Chef’s main responsibility is the smooth operation and coordination of the kitchen at the residence, with official and private functions often times requiring the jobholder to organize and prepare for noon and evening, same-day events on very short notice.
- Prepares meals for the principal and his/her family, which may consist of three meals per day (breakfast, lunch, dinner - 3 course meals);
- Creates and decides on menus as appropriate to the occasion;
- Prepares receptions, luncheons and dinners that may range in size from two to one hundred guests (seated lunches/dinners, buffet lunch/dinners, receptions, teas, etc.), ensuring first class dish presentation;
- Is responsible for the coordination of all food shopping;
- Maintains detailed and accurate accounting records (receipts and books) of all purchases, this includes ensuring that food items purchased for official events and for official residence expenses are identified in the petty cash register and be held separate from private shopping expenditures;
- Is responsible for the cleanliness and good sanitary practice in the kitchen and food storage area;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Required for Effective Performance
- Education: Secondary school diploma with additional professional training (hotel school or vocational restaurant training majoring in restaurant operations).
- Work Experience: Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar position or having a history of progressively responsible restaurant work with a recognized culinary reputation.
- Language skills: Good working knowledge (level III) of English and Dutch or English and French.
- Abilities and Skills: Must be familiar with different styles of cooking (American, French, European, ethnic, and Asian); and must be able to work within a budget. Must be inventive and flexible and able to adapt or “upgrade” a private meal to an official one on last minute
notice. Creates and decides on menus as appropriate for the occasion, in consideration with food restrictions and previous meals served.
- Supervision Received: From ORE principal, his/her spouse or designated representative and/or Residence Manager.
- Exercise of Judgment: Must be able to serve meals on a daily basis without supervision.
- Supervision Exercised: None
Salary: € 40,112 gross a year (minimum)
IMPORTANT: ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
Applications need to be submitted via the email address BrusselsRecruitment@state.gov mentioning the vacancy number 2020-ORE-Chef-01. This position is open until
Applicants who are not invited for an interview and/or test may assume that their application has not been retained for this particular position.
Note: The selected candidate will be a personal employee of the Principal, not an employee of the U.S. Government.
|Aantal keer bekeken:||2537|