The Official Residence Staff is looking for a full-time (m/f)
for one of its official residences in Uccle
The Chambermaid is responsible for cleaning and maintaining the private and guest rooms as well as the staff area of a large residence on a daily basis. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Making beds, cleaning and dusting all rooms, hallways, and bathrooms;
- Periodically washes windows and cleans out closets;
- Prepares guest rooms when guests are expected;
- On occasion assists in official events by taking coats at the front door; washing dishes; and assisting in serving guests as a back-up;
- Does laundry whenever necessary;
- Responsible for the suits of the Ambassador, making sure they are clean and ready for use, ensures quality and attention to detail;
- Caregiver of a large dog belonging to the family; walking the dog, feeding him and watching him when necessary;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Please note that the Chambermaid is requested to live in the official residence, either alone or together with their spouse and dependent children.
- Education: Lower degree in secondary school; professional job related vocational training preferred.
- Work Experience: Minimum two years’ experience in a similar environment or in a customer service oriented position, preferably in a hotel or restaurant, or experience as housekeeper in a similar position.
- Language skills: Working knowledge (level II) in English; basic Dutch or French a plus.
- Abilities and Skills: Must be knowledgeable in cleaning as well as in the use of cleaning supplies and equipment. Must be able to serve and do laundry. Must be discreet.
- Supervision Received: From the Butler, the Residence Manager, and the Ambassador and his spouse.
- Exercise of Judgment: Must be able to independently determine when and whether rooms, furniture, rugs, etc., need cleaning.
- Supervision Exercised: None
Applications need to be submitted through the website of the U.S. Embassy: https://be.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs
This position is open until filled.
Applicants who are not invited for an interview and/or test may assume that their application has not been retained for this particular position.
Note: The selected candidate will be a personal employee of the Ambassador, not an employee of the U.S. Government.
|Aantal keer bekeken:||534|